|HEPATITIS C PREVENTION: WORKING WITH YOUNG INJECTION DRUG USERS
||May 13, 2014
- 4:00 PM
||Hepatitis C Prevention is a one-day workshop that provides an introduction to the emerging epidemics of HCV and opiate overdose. Participants will learn about prevention strategies, harm reduction programs, HCV testing and service referrals for young injection drug users.
Audience: Local public health department staff, outreach workers and case managers of agencies funded by the Wisconsin AIDS/HIV Program or permission of instructor.
- Increase participant awareness around viral hepatitis and opiate overdose including national and state-wide epidemiology.
- Increase understanding of viral hepatitis screening pre- and post-test counseling.
- Increase understanding about prevention case management and the importance of on-going risk assessment and reduction for injection drug users (IDU).
- Increased understanding around extra services required for consumers in order to increase treatment readiness.
- Increased understanding of overdose prevention programs.
- Increase knowledge of harm reduction and syringe exchange including the rationale behind prevention messages and techniques.
- Increase skills to conduct effective client counseling using a harm reduction approach.
Note: Registration is from 8:00-8:30 a.m. The training will start promptly at 8:30 a.m.
||WI AIDS/HIV Program & Wisconsin HIV/AIDS Training System
||Face to Face
||Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, 375 S. Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005
||Lunch will be provided
||Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
||Register for this training online via this website
|BACK TO CALENDAR OF EVENTS|